Tuesday 23 October 2012

Life begins at 40, cards 9,10,11,12,13,14 and 15.

 7 cards all sent out at once. I'm just sending them out as I get stamps. More weird cards, I've no idea what exactly "Dear Internet Citizen" with a picture of a loaf of bread is supposed to mean? The Internet is the best thing since sliced bread perhaps? Who knows!
Card number 9 I sent to Lisa who is one of my more recent penpals. She lives in the USA. I think we foudn each other via Lettersets.
Card number 10 went to Nicola who is my most recent penpal, Nicola is in the UK and also contacted me via Lettersets.
Card number 11 went to Kym in Canada. I can't remember how Kym and I found each other? Kym also enjoys Geocaching like me.
Cari in New York got number 12, Cari is a Bookcrosser I met when she was travelling in Australia a few years ago. We went on a day trip one day with a few other Brisbane Bookcrossers,to Yarraman which is about an hour and a half west of here. We took a lot longer to get back as I showed then a different way to get  back which may not have been the best way back!
Skyring, also a Bookcrosser but from Canberra recieved card number 13. Skyring was among the first Bookcrossers I met when I went to the 1st Australian Bookcrossing convention in 2004 in Sydney.
Number 14 went to Shelita. I went through my box of letters and picked out some addresses to send cards to of people I haven't heard from for a while, so Shelita might be a bit surprised to recieve the postcard.
15 went to Sammie from Box 332  I don't know Sammie but her address is on her new blog at Paperbased.

So that's 15 cards sent out so far. I still have 8 empty spaces in my list of 40, so if you're here reading this and I haven't sent you a card, leave a message and I will add you!

3 comments:

  1. Thank-you so much for your awesome postcard! It was a lovely surprise in my postbox yesterday and I feel honoured to be a recipient in your project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful surprise to receive your post card. I loved it. I will be sending one in return. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete